Jetpack offers a number of great features for theme developers that help you cut down both development time as well as load times. Most of these features work right out of the box, but you can also get under the hood to apply tweaks and customisations that really take your theme to the next level.
This article introduces you to:
- Speeding up your theme with Photon
- Showcasing posts with Featured Content
- Automatically loading posts with Infinite Scroll
- Instantly applying a Mobile Theme
- Customising CSS
- Providing Sharing functionality
- Integrating Social Links
- Showing similar content with Related Posts
- Additional resources
1. Speeding up your theme with Photon
Photon is a free image CDN offered by Jetpack. As soon as Photon is enabled, it automatically serves the images found in posts and pages from WordPress.com’s speedy servers around the globe.
But did you know that you can use it to save bandwidth and speed…
View original post 811 more words